- We take the situation very seriously and are constantly monitoring it. A task force takes care of all matters concerning Siemens Healthineers. This is where all the information come together and are constantly being evaluated. Siemens Healthineers works closely with the local health authorities in affected countries to take and implement necessary measures.
- Our supply chains and production remain intact, essentially due to our global manufacturing and transportation network, even though management is becoming increasingly complex based on strict restrictions in more and more countries. Our current situation:
- we have learned how to maintain operations under difficult conditions in our plants in China.
- we have been able so far to keep the number of confirmed cases in the company to a low level, due to a comprehensive and consistent protection measures for our employees in the early stage
- we are seeing an increase of interest in some of our imaging devices.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. There are simple, everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Further information you can find at:
WHO - How to protect yourself against COVID-19? (Video)
- Since the beginning of the spread of COVID-19, Siemens Healthineers has implemented measures to protect employees immediately and continuously and will continue to do so consistently. Wherever the situation calls for it and wherever possible, we enable our employees to work from home. For all employees who work in production, we implement very strong protective measures, such as extended shift times, separation of shifts, compliance to keeping distance to each other >1.5 m, in order to minimize personal contacts.
- An essential objective of the measures for our employees who work at our customers on site is to protect the health of all affected persons in order to maintain the best possible service. The risk of infection for our service employees is classified according to the occurrence and possible exposure to the coronavirus. The requirements derived from this for the personal protective equipment to be used must be implemented as a minimum requirement. Personal protective equipment related specifications of state authorities or of the customer must always be followed, especially if more extensive protective measures than those described here are required.