Dr. Roland Busch, born in 1964, has been member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG since 2011. He was appointed Chief Technology Officer in 2016. In 2019, he was announced Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Managing Board of Siemens AG. Within the Managing Board he oversees Corporate Development, Global Business Services, Human Resources, and the accelerator unit next47. Additionally, he is Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Siemens Mobility GmbH.
Busch studied Physics and holds an PhD. He entered the company as a project leader at the central department of research and development of Siemens AG in Erlangen. Since then, he obtained various positions in the areas of automotive technology, process and information management. In 2005, he was nominated president and CEO of Siemens VDO Automotive Asia Pacific Co. Ltd. Two years later he was appointed director of the mass transportation business line in the Mass Transportation Systems business area of Siemens AG. In 2008, he became director of Corporate Strategies in Corporate Development.
Roland Busch is member of the board of the German association of the Electrical Industry. He is member of the leading committee of the German development platform “Industry 4.0”.
Memberships in Supervisory Boards whose establishment is required by law or in comparable domestic or foreign controlling bodies of business enterprises
- ESMT European School of Management and Technology GmbH
- OSRAM GmbH (Deputy Chairman, mandate within the OSRAM Licht AG group)
- OSRAM Licht AG (Deputy Chairman)
- Siemens Healthineers AG*
- Siemens Mobility GmbH (Chairman)*
- Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH*
Positions outside Germany:
- Arabia Electric Ltd. (Equipment), Saudi Arabia*
- ISCOSA Industries and Maintenance Ltd., Saudi Arabia (Deputy Chairman)*
- Siemens Ltd., Saudi Arabia*
- Siemens W.L.L., Qatar*
- VA TECH T&D Co. Ltd., Saudi Arabia*
*Mandates within the Siemens AG group