Dr. Ralf P. Thomas
Dr. Ralf P. Thomas has been CFO of Siemens AG since 2013 and has been with the company since 1995.
Before he assumed his current position, he served as CFO of the Industry Sector from 2008, and as Head of Corporate Finance Accounting, Controlling, Reporting & Taxes from 2004. Prior to that he served as CFO of the Angiography, Fluoroscopic and Radiographic Systems business unit for two years and joined Siemens Medical Solutions in Germany in 2001. Before that he headed the Accounting and Treasury team at Siemens Ltd. in South Africa for four years.
Dr. Thomas completed an apprenticeship in business administration and studied Economics and Business Administration at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, from which he graduated with a Ph.D. in Income Tax Accounting. He was born in Nuremberg, Germany, in 1961.
Current board memberships:
- Member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
- Deputy Chairman of Siemens Corp.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energies S.A.
- Chairman of the Administrative Board of the German Accounting Standards Committee (Deutsches Rechnungslegungsstandards Committee e.V. - DRSC)
- Member of the Administrative Board and Treasurer of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft e.V. (MPG)